Some people believe in God and others believe in science, but why not both? The Holy Bible has never once contradicted science and never will. Many of the greatest scientists who’ve ever lived were either Christians or held a belief in God. For thousands of years, man believed in God or ‘Hades.’ It remained that way until the 19th century with the advent of Darwin’s Evolutionary theory. In this insightful broadcast, Carl discusses six scientific facts revealed in the Bible, long before scientists discovered them in the modern era. If you’re passionate about science then tune in now, knowing that God is passionate about science too (…hint: He invented it)!
Here is a complete transcript of the Podcast…(below)
“I was watching a movie the other day and it was deeply profound, one that I’m surprised wasn’t listed among the Oscar contenders of that year, it was of course, Nacho Libre. All joking aside, in that movie, Jack Black’s character is concerned for the soul of his wrestling friend and wanted to know why he had not been baptized in water, to which his friend replied, “I don’t believe in God…I believe in Science.” The obvious response from a Christian worldview is why does it have to be one or the other? Why not both? The Bible has never contradicted science once yet and it never will. As scientists make new discoveries, previously perceived contradictions are rectified or corrected. Up until 1801 and the first proposal of the concept of ‘evolution’ by Jean Baptiste Lamarck, man believed in God or ‘Hades’, and for thousands of years this was the case. There is of course no proof whatsoever of macro-evolution as I have discussed in a previous broadcast. There is no evidence of ‘particle to person’ or ‘Hominid to Homo-Sapien.’ In fact, I urge you to go to our website and click on audio messages and particularly the one entitled, “16 reasons why evolution is a lie“. I spend a lot of time outlining why this satanic lie has never been proven and never will be, so check it out when you have time.
The pantheon of Greek and Roman ‘gods’ are evidence enough that man had enough sense to realize he was formed in the image of a God or the ‘gods’, in their case. In nearly every record of anthropology, there is an inherent belief in two things: #1) that we descended from a God or gods and #2) at one time in the archaic past, a great flood covered the earth (Genesis 7:6-10). Even the secular Mesopotamian poem, “The Epic of Gilgamesh” which is one of the most ancient Sumerian texts, describes a universal flood like Noah’s and has close parallels with the creation story in the Garden of Eden. Amazingly, numerous isolated indigenous peoples around the globe, who’ve never communicated with each other, all held similar beliefs passed on from their forefathers. This reinforces the fact of a universal and catastrophic deluge that is prevalent throughout history. The sacrifice of animals for the remission and reproach of sin is also universal in most archaic cultures. The feeling that man may be able to purge himself from wrongdoing by the shedding of blood is ubiquitous in almost all civilizations of antiquity.
All these facets have truth to them. If we look at the biographies of some of the most world-renowned scientists down the years, they were either Christians or believers in God at least; clearly their thinking wasn’t marred by their so called, ‘primitive bible beliefs.’ In fact, I would contend that the brightest and best scientists have always been those who believed in God e.g., Sir Isaac Newton, Robert Boyle, William Thomas Kelvin, Blaise Pascal, Sir Francis Bacon, Nicholas Copernicus, Michael Faraday, Max Planck, Albert Einstein and the list goes on. It’s hard to quibble with a list like this as these men arguably represent the ‘creme de la creme’ of scientific minds.
The difficulty today is that since June 25, 1962, when the Supreme Court ruled wrongly to oust prayer from public schools, God’s permissive influence has waned in society. The school system in this nation has become radically secularized over the past half century. This is the case in Europe also, where the European Union rulings from Brussels, Belgium have statutes and governances stating no mention of divine origin or any moral compass with reference to any ruling deity. For them, the ultimate authority is the state, not God. Our leaders today are a generation of children raised in a secular education system that only teaches one side of the story. To be objective, one needs to teach both evolution and creation and let the child decide.
However, with over five decades of biased secular teaching, if we approach some of these students today with the concept that our world was created, we are laughed to scorn, with statements like, “didn’t you know that evolution is fact?”, “Is religion your opiate or crutch?”, “only simpletons believe in a God” etc. I have news for you. Just because it’s written in a textbook, doesn’t mean it is fact. A careful amalgamation of disconnected hypotheses framed to appear as interlinked, does not constitute fact. We are in danger of losing generations as they fiercely regurgitate what they have been ‘taught’ in a partisan system that teaches half-truths posing as fact. This, friend, is a sardonic agenda by the evil one to keep our children in darkness. This is as a direct result of the spiritual vacuum created when God was removed from public schools. I will now list a series of scientific facts mentioned in the Bible, long before the scientists discovered them in the laboratory:
- Astronomy – Since ancient times man has counted the stars. Ptolemy counted 1056, Tycho Brahe cataloged 777 and Johannes Kepler counted 1005. Yet the Bible says” the host of heaven cannot be numbered” (Jeremiah 33:22), while also comparing” the sand which is upon the seashore” to “the stars of heaven” in (Genesis 22:17). Before the invention of the modern telescope, this must have seemed like a serious scientific mistake in the Bible. Now, however, it must be recognized as a supernatural scientific insight. Astronomers now estimate that there are at least 1026 stars (that is, a hundred-million-billion-billion stars) which reflects the same order of magnitude as the number of grains of sand on planet earth. Truly, the stars cannot be numbered as the Bible states. Scientists have also identified that each star is unique; this is also referenced in scripture, “One-star differeth from another star in glory “(1 Corinthians 15:41).
- Solar System – Psalm 19 mentions of our solar system. Speaking of the sun, the Psalmist mentions, “His going forth is from the end of the heaven, and his circuit unto the ends of it: and there is nothing hid from the heat thereof” (Psalm 19:6).
- The Earth is a Sphere – Better known as Geophysics, this field had always assumed the Bible teaches the earth is flat; nothing could be further from the truth. Isaiah 40:22 states, “It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth”. The word translated ‘circle’ is the Hebrew khug, a more exact connotation of which is ‘sphericity’ or ‘roundness.’ The bible made i clear the earth was round long before man figured it was.
- Dark Matter – Science mentions the universe is comprised of a quantity called ‘dark matter’, i.e. a large part of the total mass of the universe is hidden to us. Its existence can only be inferred from gravitational effects or radiation. Interestingly, this concept is alluded to in Job 26:7, “God ….hangeth the earth upon nothing.” That ’nothing’ supports 5.972 sextillion metric tons, which you guessed it, is the weight of planet earth. Even today no one really knows what gravity is or how it works. This mysterious force of gravity keeps the earth connected to the sun, 93 million miles away. There is no better explanation however when God said, ‘the earth hangs upon nothing.”
- Hydrology – the field of hydrology (which is the science and study of the flow of water) is one with many biblical accounts because of the major importance of water in the life of mankind. The water cycle and its accompanying global atmospheric circulation have only been demonstrated scientifically in recent years, but they were set forth in the Bible ages ago. Ecclesiastes 1:6-7, set down by King Solomon three thousand years ago, describes it in great detail, “The wind goeth toward the south, and turneth about unto the north; it whirleth about continually, and the wind returneth again according to his circuits.7 All the rivers run into the sea; yet the sea is not full; unto the place from whence the rivers come, thither they return again.” Solomon describes a succinct yet comprehensive outline of the evapo-transpiration cycle on earth; no wonder great wisdom is attributed to him. Elihu also mentions the hydrological cycle in Job 36:27-29, “For he maketh small the drops of water: they pour down rain according to the vapour thereof:Which the clouds do drop and distil upon man abundantly. Also can any understand the spreadings of the clouds, or the noise of his tabernacle?”
- Hemodynamics – Leviticus 17:11 and a number of other scriptures mention the preeminent importance of blood in the biological mechanism of our bodies. This was known by the Jews, thousands of years in advance of the discovery of the circulation of blood by William Harvey in 1616. The bible states clearly that literally, “For the life of the flesh is in the blood.” Blood composition can greatly impact health. Continuance of life is now known to depend upon the supply of oxygen, water and food cells of the body. This essential function is accomplished in a marvelous manner by the blood as it circulates constantly throughout the body year after year. The blood which is the channel of life can also become the carrier of disease and infection through the body when they gain the upper hand in the system. The Word of God was scientifically accurate in this great biological truth long before scientists discovered and elaborated it. How great is our God!
Friend, I loved science as a kid, I loved mathematics also and eventually studied for two Engineering degrees up to the master’s level but none of those achievements have turned me away from God but towards Him. When I consider Sir Isaac Newton perhaps one of the greatest mathematicians of all time, not many people realize that Newton had a very strong faith in God and even began to study Bible Codes before the invention of the computer. He was once quoted as saying, “This most beautiful system of the sun, planets, and comets, could only proceed from the counsel and dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being….This Being governs all things, not as the soul of the world, but as Lord over all;” Of course Newton was famous for discovering gravity and will always be held in popular imagination with an apple falling on his head but few realize that he is also quoted as saying, “Gravity explains the motions of the planets, but it cannot explain who set the planets in motion. God governs all things and knows all that is or can be done.”
Friend, studying math or science should lead us to God just as it did for Newton, not away from Him. By investigating, analyzing or discovering the hidden laws of the universe, we should become more and more aware of God’s handiwork and an appreciation for His majesty. The truth is my friend, many scientists, doesn’t want to admit there is a God because they will have to be accountable to Him. In other words, it’s not a lack of knowledge, it’s a heart issue. No matter how smart you are, your heart will still be corrupt, and you will remain blind to the Gospel, because Satan has blinded your heart. He can even use your own pride against you, because through humility you need to repent and come to the realization you cannot get to heaven by your own merits. Man does not need to augment or enhance himself, because He is created in God’s image. Even today trans-humanists have embarked upon a futile attempt for life extension, but Technology can never attain what only God can provide. If they want life extension, they should seek out eternal life in Christ and from nowhere else.”
Related keyword searches: